On Thursday, the Huntsville OPP were conducting R.I.D.E. on Highway #60 in Huntsville when they stopped a white van. Police say the investigation lead to the seizure of a bag of marijuana. It was also determined that the driver had been drinking.
As a result , a 36 year old male from Peace River Alberta was arrested and charged with:
• Drive While Ability Impaired
• Drive while having more than 80 mgs of alcohol per 100 mltrs of blood
• Possession of a Schedule II drug (marihuana)
• Driving a Motor vehicle with Liquor Readily Available
• 3 counts of Driving While Suspended.
• 7 counts Driving While Child Passenger not Properly Secured
Police say his licence has been suspended for a period of 90 days and his vehicle impounded for 7 days.
He will appear in the Huntsville Court on May 16, to answer to his charges.